This year's Fourth of July falls in the middle of the week. Extend your holiday weekend with a visit to Fence Stile Vineyards and Winery. Here are five reasons to visit us this weekend in Excelsior Springs.
1) Freedom tastes great with wine. So does apple pie and barbecue! Bring a picnic and celebrate Independence Day this weekend with a glass of red, white or rosé wine made from French-American hybrid grapes. While at Fence Stile, raise a toast to Missourians that helped save the European wine industry in 1846. You see, phylloxera, an American plant louse, infested European vineyards in the late 18th century. Missouri's first entomologist Charles V. Riley inspected France's ailing grape crop in 1871 at the invitation of the French government. Riley determined that phylloxera was the issue. He also found that some Native American rootstocks were immune to the louse. Missouri grape nurserymen grafted French vines onto native American grapevine rootstocks in order to grow healthy grapes. As a result of the successful trial, millions of cuttings of Missouri rootstock were shipped to save the French wine industry from disaster. Vive Missouri! Today, French-American hybrid grapes are grown and harvested throughout Missouri and Kansas because they grow well in Missouri's soil and climate. Try Fence Stile's Chambourcin, Vidal Blanc, Vignoles and Seyval to experience their taste and aroma.
2) Winery & Wine Cave Tour with Candlelit Tasting on Saturday. Enjoy a tour of the property, the vineyards and the winery. Finish with a candlelit tasting in the CELLAR57 club room and the wine caves. Keep the tasting glass and enjoy 10-percent off the wines purchased on the tour! $35/person. Reservations required. Upcoming tour dates include July 7th - 12:30 pm, July 14th - 12:30 pm, July 21st - 12:30 pm, and July 28th - 12:30 pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
3) Wine-In Friday. July 6th - In Eat, Pray, Love, a married woman (Julia Roberts) realizes how unhappy her marriage really is, and that her life needs to go in a different direction. After a painful divorce, she takes off on a round-the-world journey to "find herself."
Arrive early and settle in with a bottle of wine. Bring food or order light bites from our Nibbles menu, such as bread, house-made crackers, pretzel bread, cheese, olives, and savory gourmet nuts from Savory Addiction. The movie starts at sunset. Gather at a table under the white canopy on the patio. Enjoy the sunset. When the sky grows dark enough, we'll start the movie on our screen above the stage. Please dress for the weather.
4) Fence Stile Vineyards and Winery is dog-friendly. Bring the puppers with you to the countryside. Escape the fireworks and relax. Enjoy our scenic vineyards, patio, cellar garden, shaded picnic tables, and air-conditioned Tasting Room. While Fence Stile's Becca and Kai (pictured above) won't be at the winery to greet you, your dogs are welcome to make new friends as you enjoy wine. We also have a pond for any water-loving pals.
5) Find out why Fence Stile is one of the region's top-rated wineries. Fence Stile vineyards and winery regularly receives top ratings on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and Yelp.
Join us this weekend and make plans to visit us this summer as we get closer to harvest in late August. See you soon.
Leave a Reply.
Winter Hours December - February
Saturday: 11 am - 5 pm
Sunday: 11 am -5 pm
Regular Hours: March - November:
Thursday 3 pm - 7 pm
Friday 1 pm - 8 pm
Saturday 11 am - 8 pm
Sunday 11 am - 5 pm
Telephone - 816-500-6465